Monday, May 3, 2010

Tik Toc Tik Toc...

I can't believe that I am leaving to Italy in a month. (I am going with the organization called ACLE.) It seems so unreal to have this opportunity to be able to live in another country while having a job. I am so excited to experience another culture and to live like an Italian. Even though I have a month before I go there is so much to do in this amount of time. I have a list that seems to have 50 things I need to do before I leave.


San Remo, Italy
(This is the place where I will start my journey.)
The traveler sees what he sees. The tourist sees what he has come to see.
~G.K. Chesterton
I want to be that kind of traveler that sees everything that I can and embrace it how it is. I want to have adventures and not expectations. It seems like when ever I have expectations it never lives up to what I want it to be through my eyes. I want to have an open mind to everything around me. I want to leave footprints behind, but to come home with the knowledge of living in a different country.
I will keep you posted on my adventure.

5 comments:

  1. finally a new post... took you a month, geez. buuut i am so so very excited for you! & i love that quote cause it is sooo true. a little vacation somewhere is not at all the same as living somewhere. you will have an amazing experience. get better at blogging so you can keep us posted :P ha love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so excited for you Savannah, I bet the Sellars are excited about your returning to your roots!! I am with Linsey, you had better keep blogging so we can all share in the excitement. Italy is definitely going to be the next stamp on my passport.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know about this. Wow, so exciting! I can't wait to read about what you see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun.. When I think of you girls I think of the sisterhood of the traveling pants... Geese, let me borrow the pants already:) I want in on all this adventure... I guess I will just live through you girls for now:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY!! Savannah you are going to love it there!! I know we only saw Rome but even in Rome there are so many things to see. We need to tell you about the internet cafe so you can blog and keep us posted on your adventure! I'm happy you are going, there is nothing better than traveling and you will love it!! Can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete