Saturday, December 11, 2010

The Forgotten Carols

My family has a tradition to go and see The Forgotten Carols every Christmas season. I love how each song is about a person who had a supporting role in the Christmas story, but were overlooked, misunderstood, or unnoticed.

This song is about the Innkeeper who turned away Mary and Joseph, not because he was thoughtless he was just taking care of his business. What haunted him was the feeling that he didn’t really do all he could for the pregnant women and her husband. And this is his Carol….




I can't wait until next year when I get to see it again, but until then I will turn on the cd, close my eyes and imagine that I am watching it once more.

I love that in life we each have a Carol. I always ponder what mine would say and sound like...

3 comments:

  1. So what is your carol? You have had this tradition for a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your idea of everyone having a carol. Hmm, I wonder what mine would be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad that you love this Christmas tradition as much as I do. I love listening to you and your siblings walking around the house singing, "Let Him In." If I could hear your carol...I know it would be amazing!

    ReplyDelete