Thursday, December 2, 2010

The most important part of Christmas.

I love the holiday season and especially because it’s a time to truly focus on
Jesus Christ.

Growing up I would hear that we need to strive to be just like Christ, but really how can we...He was perfect? I feel like I have realized it doesn’t matter that we are not perfect but the journey through life to try to reach that goal. He was the greatest man that ever walked on this earth, but how he came into this world in such a humble circumstance. Even from his birth he was teaching that humility, family and love are very important. Though I have realized this I can easily forget by being sucked into the things of the world. This Christmas I want to really focus on the importance of this holiday season.

What is the Most Important Part of Christmas?

Poem by L C Taylor

What is the most important part of Christmas?
What do we celebrate each year?
Is it the change of heart we notice in people?
Is it the spreading of Christmas cheer?
Is it wishing for falling snow flakes?
Is it picking out a Christmas tree?
Is it the laughter of little children?
Or people singing merrily?
Is it the gifts wrapped so gaily?
Is it tensile, ribbons or bows?
Is it the holiday decorations?
Is it Christmas music or mistletoe?
Is it that kind old gentleman dressed up in gold and red?
Is it snowmen or jingle bells?
Many thoughts race through our head.
Christmas means different things to different people
… and that is plain to see …
but the most important part Is
C - H - R - I - S -T

3 comments:

  1. "I feel like I have realized it doesn’t matter that we are not perfect but the journey through life to try to reach that goal."

    Beautifully said.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my nativity scene that keeps me focused on the true meaning of this season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katelyn and me need two different computers :-)

    ReplyDelete