Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Better Late than Never...

Well I decided to finally blog about my adventure in Italia this summer. I thought I would be able to keep up while I was gone...but I never had time.

Rome,Italy. Day 1

The morning I flew into Rome I was exhausted, but that didn't stop me from exploring the city. I walked and walked until I couldn't anymore. I loved every cobble stone road I walked on and was mesmerized by every building. Even though by the end of the evening I got lost (which I had to try and find someone that spoke English so they could help me), I loved every moment of it. I stayed at a hostel called Ciaobella, which was an experience in itself. I met so many people from around that world.

First sight of the country

I was in love the first moment I laid my eyes on this beautiful place.

I loved the history that I felt being surrounded by so many ancient buildings.

And then I became addicted...

While I was on my adventure around the city I came across many police officers trying to push me away. Come to find out...a couple minutes later as I was moving along, a group of thousands of people came storming down the street. What we call a Riot, they referrer to it has a Boycott.

I loved the day I spent roaming around. it was nice to not have any plans, but just to experience everything I could. The next day I needed to head to Sanremo, I bought a train ticket and took a 6 hour train ride. Well I guess I should say it was suppose to take 6 hours but it ended up being 8 hours because I got a little lost. I was hoping the ACLE staff would be still at the train station waiting for me since I was a couple of hours late. I couldnt have been more happy to see red acle shirts and hearing people speak English....Finally I was there!

4 comments:

  1. about time! this post is making me fall in love with italia all over again :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool post! I can''t wait to visit sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is penciled in on the calendar--between your post and "Eat, Pray, Love" I am going!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am looking forward to reading your adventures. I can't wait to have you as my person guide when we go someday!

    ReplyDelete