Monday, May 9, 2011

God could not be everywhere and therefore he made mothers.

 
I am so blessed to have you as my mother. 
I love you and admire the strong woman you are.
You have been my teacher, example, and role model.

Thank you for being understanding and kind.
Thank you for always being there by my side
Thank you for loving me unconditionaly
Thank your for being the rock in our family.


The noblest calling in the world is that of mother. True motherhood is the most beautiful of all arts, the greatest of all professions. She who can paint a masterpiece or who can write a book that will influence millions deserves the plaudits and admiration of mankind; but she who rears successfully a family of healthy, beautiful sons and daughters whose immortal souls will be exerting an influence throughout the ages long after paintings shall have faded, and books and statues shall have been destroyed,deserves the highest honor that man can give."
~ David O. McKay

6 comments:

  1. My comments keep getting lost so forgive me if this is a second post! I love this picture of your mom, I remember this day. Your mom should get the prize for the "least changed" among us. I agree your mom is a role model and example for all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your sweet comments! I am so grateful to be a mother and feel so blessed to have you for a daughter! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute picture! you have a great mother :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aunt Laura has always been a "mother" to me too. She is a wonderful lady. Grandma told me a story about when Laura was little and cousin John spilled his drink and got in trouble, but later when Uncle Harv spilled his drink all the grown ups just laughed it off. Grandma said how Laura was upset about the unfairness of it all, and Aunt Laura has always been fair and kind to children since. I have taken that story to heart lately and have tried to follow Aunt Laura's example more.

    Love you Aunt Laura, and you Savannah.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aunt Laura has been such an influence for good in my life. I remember when I was young trying to learn the recorder she showed me a song on it and I was amazed that she still remembered how to play. I remember thinking, Aunt Laura is good at EVERYTHING. Sports, music, dance, teaching. I am still amazed at her endless talent.
    Great post Savannah!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh how cute! I love that pic! You do have a great mom, she has even mothered me and put me back together when I had "oowwwees". Great post!

    ReplyDelete